Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

A Look Ahead...

I'm never ready to say goodbye to summer. Ever.

Summer is the very essence of all my favorite things: sun, warmth, sand, ocean, pool, barbecues, farmers markets, family vacations, shorts, flip flops and the seasonal freckles on my nose. But I must admit - if there is one good thing about fall, it's college football season; and if there's anything good about winter, it's Christmas. With the shorter days, it's hard to deny the fast approaching fall. I try to remind myself of all the exciting events coming up to combat my impending seasonal depression (although, now that we're in SoCal, I'm hoping I won't have it! No cold and snow here!).

Here's a look ahead to some exciting times in the coming year:

  • My birthday (tomorrow), my last one in my 20's. Ouch.
  • Dodger game/birthday celebration with my parents and brother (tonight)
  • College Football Season
  • Fleet Week in San Francisco/General Conference the beginning of October
  • Olivia's 2nd birthday - to be celebrated at Disneyland!
  • Matthew's mission call...where to?!
  • Thanksgiving in Utah with the Ericksons
  • BYU Basketball Season
  • Christmas. Enough said.
  • New Year's in the City (San Francisco) with the Phelps
  • Beginning of March (1st) - my first niece or nephew is born!!!! (Michelle and Josh)
  • April General Conference 
  • In May Aaron turns 30!!!
  • Jordan graduates from high school
  • Williams 4th of July Family Reunion in Idaho Falls (Best fireworks show ever)
  • Pioneer Day in Provo/Mapleton with the Ericksons
  • We'll be going to Disneyland and the beach year round - awesome. 
  • Allison gets home from her mission (Sept?)
And I think that brings us full circle! It's going to be one crazy fun year, and I'm sure there will be even more come up. We are so blessed to live close to family and friends, they definitely keep us busy and happy. So although the summer is coming to an end, I have one amazing year to look forward to! 


No comments:

Post a Comment