I love BYU Football. Love it. While attending BYU, I only missed games due to sickness or injury (I missed my Freshman year Homecoming game because of a concussion I got while dancing in the Homecoming parade, I also missed the Rivalry Game vs. Utah my Sophomore year because of an eye injury I received on the way to the game). I was one of those fans who wore the game shirt, painted my face, and cheered so loud I lost my voice at every game. My love for BYU football comes from my Grandpa Williams - who might be the only fan who loves the game more than me! While teaching 4th grade in Utah, I kept my students up to date on the players, the games, and the stats; as such, I had a special connection with my boys. When I saw Max Hall and some other BYU players at Seven Peaks one afternoon, I had Aaron run to the top of the slide with me so I could snag a photo with them; married and all, I was in love, and not only with Aaron. While pregnant with Olivia, I still made it to 2 games - thanks to my amazing Grandpa. No cankles could keep me from cheering on my Cougars. Imagine my utter disappointment when I was unable to attend a game last year. It was more than disappointment, it was devastating! We were living in Livermore, with no money, and just couldn't make it. I watched every game possible on TV though! THIS year was my year. We were going to take a family vacation to Utah in September, and for my birthday present, Aaron was going to buy us football tickets...but as it turns out, Aaron has a business trip (to TURKEY of all places), and we're no longer able to go in September. Although we'll be going in November, the 2 games I'll be in Utah for are away games. Typical. So...devastated. Again. NEXT year, right?! I was sure to buy us all new BYU shirts for the new season - here is my darling Olivia - BYU's most darling little fan! The game was awesome!!! Olivia crashed halfway through the second quarter, but she cheered and gave me high fives (although I think I scared her with my loud cheers). Way to go Cougars - thanks for an exciting, although penalty riddled, game!
| Way to go Cougars!!! Olivia is all about giving thumbs up these days. Super cute! |


No comments:
Post a Comment