Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Santa Monica Airport Flight Deck

It was a rather huge change for me when we moved here to LA. I left behind everything and everyone familiar, and although I loved being close to the beach - I experienced quite a bit of loneliness up front. Aaron's hours were then (and still are) long and rather unpredictable. I went from having my mom with me 24:7 to chat with, vent to, and do things with to only having Livi and myself. I love my time with my little girl, but I still need some adult interaction to keep me sane. The Lord knew what my needs were going to be before I did. We were so blessed to find our apartment complex; there are several stay-at-home moms (with toddlers) who quickly became my friends. We spend time together playing with our kids in the courtyard, going to the beach, eating out for lunch, attending park days, and babysitting swapping. Talk about blessings!

This last week, Olivia and I joined one of our neighbors on her group's park day (I attend our ward's park day if any). We met at Airport Park, and as the name suggests, it's right next to the Santa Monica Airport. Livi and I had a great time chatting and playing with the other kids and moms. Liv was most excited when her friends Charlie and Lucy showed up. After the kids had had their park time, we walked over to the flight deck so they could watch the planes while having lunch/snacks. Olivia was mesmerized by the planes and seemed to be the only child that didn't cover her ears during takeoff! (Hmm...maybe I should be concerned? lol)

I loved watching the planes as well - but more enjoyed getting to know the other moms. Park days and other get togethers remind me that I'm not alone in this whole parenting shebang, and they keep me sane - a necessity when raising a toddler.

This was her "Mama! Holy cow!" face. She didn't really say "holy cow", but sure looks like it, right?
Yeah..notice Charlie covering his ears! Livi's just happy to be here.
Livi and her buddy Lucy.
I love this. The girls just couldn't seem to get close enough.
Look at that! Sharing! You mean they might actually listen to what we teach them?! Emily (Lucy's mom) and I were so proud!
Olivia had to wave goodbye (and hello) to every single plane

No comments:

Post a Comment