Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Subway Art on Wood - a Pinterest DIY Project

Subway Art Birth Stats! What a fantastic idea! With only one child, I don't have too hard of a time remembering these ever important tidbits of information, but come baby 2 and 3 these might come in handy!

Found this darling idea while browsing pins and I couldn't resist attempting one of my own.


I love her shop, but when I can make it for less than $10, I have a hard time justifying $44. So thank you Sarah for sharing your tricks of the trade.

I love how mine turned out! I also used PicMonkey (I am addicted to it); and when new fonts came out, I remade my subway art. Because of the fonts I chose and the varying lengths of the info, I ended up with a space - but I'm so glad I did! I made a quick fabric rosette (fitting considering her middle name is Rose) and glued it on. Love it. I also loved that I had fabric on hand that was just the right shade of pink. I felt extra crafty.
Pictures were taken with my phone (no flash) in the evening, so the light isn't great, they are both painted bright white.
It was so simple and quick to make that I had to make another - this time I made a subway art using the lyrics to "You Are My Sunshine"; Livi's Lala and Grandma both sang it to her as a newborn and continue singing it to her today! The yellow printed lighter than I expected (my toner might be running low) - but I didn't want to recreate it (I'd already closed my PicMonkey project), so lighter it will be. I may outline the yellow with a thin black sharpie one day if it really bugs me. I can't wait to hang them in Liv's room.




5 comments:

  1. I love it kristen! So cute! I want one now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is from chelsea, by the way. Still havent figured out how to show my name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea - I love that you're my "unknown" friend! Maybe you should send me your kids' birth stats! ;) Christmas IS around the corner...just sayin'...

      Delete
    2. Im liking that idea!!! That can definitely be arranged :-) Have a fabulous birthday weekend with the fam and go dodgers! :-)

      Delete
  3. Kris, I just love these!! You are so good at all these crafts! They will look darling in Liv's room. :)

    ReplyDelete