Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2014

Obsessed with Basketball: Will

May 2014
Lil' Will has been exploring the world around him, finding out and figuring out what interests him most. Our last trip to Livermore confirmed one thing: he LOVES basketball. I think it started with watching Uncle Jake and Papa shooting hoops - but all it took was Uncle Jake taking some time to lift this little guy up to do his own slam dunks and he was hooked. Seriously. Jake got the arm workout of his life the week we were there! You'll notice Will is in his jammies in several shots - yup, it was early morning, just after breakfast. He just couldn't wait to get outside and shoot hoops with his uncle. Although, it took my dad pointing out we could lower the hoop to make life a bit easier for us. :) I loved watching Will's face light up when he saw a basketball - but I had to laugh that he almost always had his "game face" on when he went up to shoot. The big men and the little man sure had a blast. And once we got home - Will couldn't wait to show off his mad skills to his Daddy! And Papa Pop and Grammy had some amazing foresight - they got him his very own toddler sized official basketball for his birthday. He is one happy boy.






Livi had to get in on the action too. Check out her muscles!!! 
Coaching from Papa.









This was the routine - walk with the basketball over to Uncle Jake...
Turn around so Uncle Jake would pick him up....
Wait for Uncle Jake to lift him up to the basket to make his shot. :)


I love his game face.




We played so much we destroyed the net.







I love Will's little wet footprints across the court.
Future BYU Cougar basketball player.

No comments:

Post a Comment