Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

4 Utah Adventure Series: Visiting Grandpa Phelps

My Utah visits are never complete without a trip to Salt Lake to see my Grandpa Phelps. He has one of the quirkiest senses of humor and one of the most contagious laughs I know. I love his strong hugs, his sincere concern for and interest in my life. He is a down to earth, no fuss man who loves his family. It is still hard for me to be in his home without Grandma there. She was the heart of their home. I miss her laugh, the twinkle in her eye, the way she'd give Grandpa a hard time, and how she always gave us a smack on the way out. But Grandpa has stayed true to his character too - always offering us a popsicle on our way out.

We started our visit with lunch at Sizzler - and it was by far the best lunch I've ever eaten there. I had some amazing salmon something and of course a salad bar.We chit chatted over our meal, though I feel like I missed the entire conversation as I was taking care of either one or both of my kids. It's always...busy taking them out to eat with us. Thankfully, that just doesn't happen that often. After lunch we went home for some more conversation and so the kids could play with some of the best toys around - namely, the cash register. They loved it, and so did we.

The afternoon passed all too quickly, and soon it was time for us to head back. I'm sure hoping Grandpa makes it down to California this year, we miss him so so much.


Best. Toy. Ever.
Add-o-Matic.
Aaron was so proud that he got all three balls on the stands.
My little bookworm.
Grandpa has the best games. Hands down. We were all entertained. 









Someone did not want to go home.

Just hanging out on the porch.
She wanted to climb the tree. 

Goodbyes are always hard. Olivia has asked time and time again to go back to Grandpa Phelps' house to climb the tree, play with the cash register, and see Grandpa. 

1 comment:

  1. Preciously captured, touche! My gracious Kristen Erickson!

    ReplyDelete