Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

7 Utah Adventure Series: Nana's (and Papa's) House

Once upon a time, only the men in our family "owned" homes in Livi's mind - they were "Papa's house" and "Papa Pop's house" when we went to Utah; I'm not sure when, but ownership has shifted, and it is definitely "Nana's house" now. I just smile and think to myself, "she's learning". :) Whenever we weren't at Papa Pop's and Dammy's, we were at Nana's house - and Olivia never wanted to leave. She had her Nana, Papa, aunties, Uncle Matt, Maple, a backyard and a basement; life couldn't get much happier for her. I don't think she ever stayed clean for more than 5 minutes at their house - proof that she was having the time of her life. Whether it was sidewalk chalk, jumping on the trampoline, exploring the backyard, watering the plants, going on a walk, playing with Maple, or just eating food, she was covered in "fun" from head to toe and I loved it. She still tells me stories of her adventures in the backyard - how she helped Nana and Papa water the plants, her water fights with Lolo, playing ball with Daddy and Will, playing with Sarah, Channy and Allie, and oh so much more. And she's convinced we need a Maple. Because, as we learned from Livi: "He's the best little dog EVER!" Melt. My. Heart.

Will loved his times there too - he had all the cuddle time and attention he could hope for! Not to mention a GIANT basketball hoop to play with outside. He loved being outdoors, with so much to look at and explore. He was even content to sit in dirt and just doodle in it!

And although just hanging out at Nana's would have been enough, the kids even scored a trip to the splash pad!

Olivia and Will weren't the only ones who loved their time at the Erickson's. The big kids did too! Aaron taught us all a game called Ultimate Werewolf, and we were hooked. Many many hours were played - and although I'm terrible at it, just seeing Aaron's homemade game pieces and cards here at home makes me wish there were more than just the 2 of us at home!

We sure miss having our Matthew around - less than a year to go! Good times to be had next summer!

Love my Utah skies.
Snuggles and phone time.




I still would choose the ocean, but I do miss these mountains.
This is Livi drawing her "castle". Even when she saw this photo, a month afterwards, she instantly recognized it and shouted, "My castle!"






The infamous game table (and meal table). It was around this table we played Ultimate Werewolf into the wee hours of the morning.

Ninja Papa. 





Gives a whole new meaning to: "Reach for the sky!"













The backyard is really looking good. I love this trellis, Olivia loves walking along "the wall" as she calls it.

No comments:

Post a Comment