I'm not much of a political person, I find it draining to keep up with the "politics" of it all. That being said, I am grateful to live in a free country where I have a voice. Come election time, I am overcome with a sense of responsibility to become educated with regards to candidates and measures and cast my vote. I have followed this Presidential Election with far more rigor and attention; and no, not only because the Republican candidate is a Mormon. Being a wife and mother, I am ever more aware of the impact our government has on my little family, and ever more aware of the sad direction I see our society turning.
I saw in Mitt Romney an opportunity for positive change in our economy, our foreign relations, and in our nation; I recognize his great faith in God and saw a humble man confident he could make a difference. Although hopeful last election, I was gravely disappointed in where the Obama administration led our nation - especially with regards to our economy; and, to keep my comments brief, suffice it to say I was concerned about another 4 years under his leadership. Although not all votes have been counted, Obama has been projected to win. Watching as the call was made in Ohio, my heart sank, I even felt angry. It was not the ending I had hoped and prayed for. However, in my moment of great disappointment and discouragement, I remembered that I have prayed most for the strength to move forward with faith and optimism, regardless of the outcome.
I am grateful to know that our Heavenly Father will not abandon us. He loves us. We are His children. He allows us to struggle, have trials, and face disappointment so that we can exercise greater faith in Him and grow - that little by little, we can become more like Him, full of patience, long suffering, charity and love. I also know that these are the last days, leading up to the Second Coming of our Savior Jesus Christ, it isn't an easy road ahead. But our Heavenly Father blesses us each and every day, with small and not so small reminders that He is acutely aware of us. I am grateful that at the end of the day I am married to my best friend, have a beautiful 2 year old, another little one on the way, lots of loving extended family, and an eternal perspective because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I am proud to be an American. And although I may not be happy with the results of this election, it is up to me to now support, respect, and pray for President Obama; and I do.
Well said! You are amazing, my friend!
ReplyDelete