Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

An Update on Us!

I have been a little behind on blogging as of late - lots going on these days! I still haven't posted pics from Livi's 2nd birthday, lame. I'll get there...sometime...but until then, here's a little update on life with the Ericksons...

Aaron is loving working at Riot Games, he's an Assistant Producer for Live Services (which means whenever Riot has a new feature - new champion, new skins, new maps - he's the project manager that makes sure it happens!). He's had opportunities to travel as well to oversee events such as PAX East (Boston), PAX Prime (Seattle), and GameX (Turkey, yeah the country). We definitely wish we saw more of him during the week, but grateful for weekends. :) He is the Employment Specialist in our ward (he helps folks get connected to job opportunities in our area).

Olivia turned 2 on October 22nd. I swear she thinks she's 5 - she is little Miss Independent; and as if that weren't enough, her new favorite word is "no". Oh the joys of having a toddler run your life (she's in a mama stage right now, so I am her go to person for everything). But in all seriousness, she is happy, competent, and yes, independent girl. Her favorite things right now include: watching Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty (she's recently really gotten into Disney princesses), Toy Story (any of the 3 of them), Dumbo (still) and the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh cartoon series (we downloaded a bunch from youtube); eating Yoplait Key Lime Pie yogurt (yeah, originally bought it for me but I'm lucky to get one!, Lucky Charms, Macaroni and Cheese, strawberries, blueberries and Halloween candy (especially suckers and chocolate); reading, reading, reading - she loves to read - especially her Winnie the Pooh books and bedtime books (including Goodnight Moon, I Am a Bunny, Guess How Much I Love You, and Are You My Mother); playing with her mini figure sets of Disney princesses, Winnie the Pooh, and Toy Story; talking - well it's a lot of mumbo jumbo still - but her words are increasing, as are her signs; taking care of her 2 babies by feeding them, giving them binkies and pushing them in her new stroller (thanks to Lala and Papa); dancing, dancing and dancing - she is our dancing queen - she loves to dance to Dancing with the Stars, the Voice, the X Factor, and any of my CD's I put in the stereo; having her friends over to play (or going to their houses) - Liv (17 months old), Charlie (4 years old), and Lucy (2 1/2 years old); coloring pictures and "writing" in her journal; and doing anything outside, but recently collecting leaves that have fallen and crumbling them up on her bedroom floor, lovely. She's tall for her age, has a full head of hair that she never keeps in a ponytail, and loves to brush her teeth (and make funny faces) in the mirror afterwards.

As for me...I am 15 weeks pregnant with baby #2! We're due May 3rd! First trimester kind of kicked my trash, I was pretty sick and fatigued, something I didn't experience at all with Olivia - but thankfully I've moved on to the second trimester and I'm feeling much better. I stay busy taking care of our 2 year old Livi, organizing our home (still), and crafting on the side (thanks to Pinterest). I'm working on getting myself and Livi back into a routine, we were in a bit of a 1st trimester rut for awhile, so we're much happier these days. I'm the Primary chorister in our ward - best calling ever - but it does keep me busy with making flipcharts, posters, and other "fun" visual aids. I've picked up cooking again, now that I don't have severe food aversions - sure is nice to have real food in the fridge again.

We are headed to Livermore to spend Thanksgiving at my parents (as fun as cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 2 was last year, I'm grateful to be able to cook with my Mom this year). We're also heading to Utah for Christmas to spend it with the Ericksons (and of course visit the rest of our family up there)! We're looking forward to introducing Olivia to the snow, seeing friends and family, and enjoying the holiday season.

Our families are doing well even with so much going on, here's a brief recap:
Ericksons
Mark - just lost his mother, they drove up to Canada for the memorial service with Matthew.
Debbie - still busy keeping all of us close and in touch!
Lauren - teaching English in Taiwan, thank goodness for Skype! She gets home January 7th.
Allison - serving her mission in Houston, Texas, we love getting her weekly emails and photos.
Chandler - engaged to Matthew Duvall, they are getting married May 4th in SLC.
Matthew - reports to the MTC on Feb 20th before serving his mission in Guayaquil, Ecuador!
Sarah - turned 16, living it up in high school, and playing basketball.

Phelps
Gary - still working hard at Chevron
Laurie - full time mom and "Lala" (Grandma)
Lisa - working at Heritage Makers and living in Provo.
Michelle/Josh - living in Kirksville, MO and expecting a baby boy March 1st!
Jordan - enjoying his Senior year at Granada High School!

We hope everyone else is doing well - we love and miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Number two is SO much fun. Is Olivia liking that she will be a big sis? Primary chorister would be the best! Kinda jealous of that calling :) Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. May 3 babies are awesome--my little brother and my good friends' twins were born that day. I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete