I have several projects waiting to be completed...
And they've been waiting for months!
I am a rather impatient person when it comes to organization and decor, I would rather hammer it all out in one crazy weekend than work on it bit by bit - but with a toddler running around, I've had to accept the bit by bit. Although I don't have pictures to post, I am starting to see progress. I've organized Olivia's closet, even hanging a second rod to maximize space. It isn't necessarily pretty, but we now have a coat closet or a guest closet (the coats disappear into our closet while we have guests). I'm tackling a box/tub a month to go through (finding homes for things or donating them). I'm also working on our filing system, going through our existing files and purging. I managed to go through my closet and realistically look at what I wear vs. what I don't. The "don't" pile finally got donated. (Which now means I can justify a few purchases! Yes!) I reorganized and switched my pantry and utility/linen closet spaces - that was quite the task, but definitely worth it. I hope to one day get fancy containers with labels for my food storage, but for now, I'm content. I'm also gathering photos, maps, and prints to frame and hang on our entry wall. I will have a total of 12-15 frames, and getting out of the house and searching for those has been on my to-do list for weeks now. Maybe tomorrow?! I can't wait to get everything hung (I now have all my prints), and I definitely need to do while I have my sister Lisa here to help - she's the interior decorator afterall. There's our large family picture to mat, frame, and hang above our mantle; Olivia's walls to decorate (I have a vinyl alphabet, mirror, pictures, and name in wooden letters - all I'm lacking are the shelves); the kitchen walls to decorate (I have everything except 3 frames); and let's not forget the black hole that is my room (anything that doesn't have a home just gets "hid" in our room). So...it will be a busy summer with all our family coming and going, not to mention our family day trips..so I'm hoping to have finished these projects (with the exception of our room and monthly box organization) by the end of May - "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."
No comments:
Post a Comment