Aaron and I are heading to Vegas this weekend - and so what better excuse to have Lala come visit for the weekend?! Lala's flight came in early, so we rushed to the airport to meet her, thank goodness there was no traffic! Olivia and Auntie Lisa ran up and down the terminal waiting for the plane that seemed to be "at gate"
forever. Finally we saw Lala's converse shoes come down the escalator. She came with the cutest little Olivia the Pig for Livi. All of us were thrilled to see her - we only wish Michelle could have joined us!!
 |
| On our way into LAX. So happy together. |
 |
| Is that Lala?! No.... |
 |
We're all waiting for Lala!!! Hate that we have a man in the background of our photo. Kind of creepy, right? |
 |
Together again. Now it's time for my nap Lala! |
After we made it back to West LA, we quickly changed into our beach garb and headed down to Santa Monica beach (picking up some Panera Bread along the way). It's been pretty cool (temperature) these past couple of weeks, so we take advantage of every warm blue skies day. We had a fantastic time - I even took advantage of Livi's distracted time and went swimming in the waves for a bit. Olivia is still very much obsessed with sand, she digs in with her hands is rather oblivious to the fact she covers us with all of her displaced sand!
 |
I love this photo. Anywhere Auntie Lisa went, Livi was sure to go. Or rather, anywhere that Livi went, Auntie Lisa HAD to go. |
 |
| One bodacious beach babe. And yes, she's single. |
 |
| Best buddies. Seriously. |
 |
| Didn't you know that eating cookies is serious business? |
But the greatest story of the day is definitely the "Fly By Pooping".
Lisa was laying on her stomach on her towel, propped up on her elbows, probably watching Livi play in the sand. Mom and I were chatting down by Livi. Suddenly we heard Lisa shriek. "I think I just got pooped on!" Sure enough, that darn bird had pooped (pardon the graphic description, but it really was diarrhea) along the sand, leaving small deposits, and the poop then culminated on Lisa's head. Gross. At first, Mom and I couldn't find any poop in her hair (although we were quick to find the poop on her arm, shoulder, and back) - the poop was the same color as the dark streaks in Lisa's hair - but then I came across a wet mass. Sick. It was a mass of grossness. Several wet ones and shrieks later, Lisa was seen running into the ocean. Cold water? Didn't matter. Wind? Didn't matter. Clean? All that mattered. She did the best she could, but it wasn't until after a hot shower at home that she finally calmed down. Can't say that I blame her.
Always an adventure. Life's a journey, best if we enjoy it!
 |
| Chillin' with Lala. |
 |
| Just Livi and her shadow. |
 |
Quench your thirst. Even if your Gatorade is full of sand. |
 |
| Auntie Lisa taught Livi how to write in the sand. |
 |
| I love this girl. And yes, she's about 10 shades darker than me. Isn't it obvious which of us lives in SoCal? |
oh i love these. thanks kris...you're the best. miss you already!!!
ReplyDelete