Monday, May 16th was "the" day. Olivia started crawling!!! Prior to that, she did this darling scooting forward with her legs, but she wouldn't move her arms! So there came a point when her knees would hit her hands and she'd collapse. Of course I thought I'd have plenty of time to video that before she started crawling. Nope. :) After a week or so of "scooting", and after seeing her friend Spencer crawl, Olivia decided it was time to go places! She has places to go, people to see, and things to find and eat! Needless to say, we weren't quite up to speed with our baby proofing either. She managed to find my Mom's collectible Michael Jackson magazine, luckily we were nearby to salvage it!
There are moments where I miss the immobile times...knowing that if I laid her down on her floor quilt she'd be there when I got back from switching out the laundry...but I am having the time of my life playing peekaboo and "chasing" her around the coffee table (it's more me chasing and Olivia trying to "hide" by putting her head into the carpet). I love watching her explore, and I realize how much more often I'll be cleaning my floors. :) She already has discovered her favorite places to play - in, around and under the coffee table in the family room, in the nook behind my great grandma's chair, and anywhere on the hardwood floor (she loves the slapping noise her hands make). If anyone leaves the room she's in, she will cry and crawl after them! Even if there are still other people in the room with her! There's some unspoken "Livi rule" that once you're in, you're there to stay! She has been known to get angry - really angry- at you for leaving. She will cry and yell at you! It's hilarious, and quite intimidating! She also crawls everywhere in her crib. About 2 weeks ago, I asked Aaron to lower it, and not a few days later did he have to lower it even more! When she's ready to get up or upset that you've laid her down, she crawls to the end of her crib, sticks her arm out through the slats and cries at the door. Precious. She has also successfully learned how to sit up on her own, and how to pull herself up using the sides of her crib. Trouble, that's for sure!
She is liking her bottle less and less (although she was much happier once we finally switched to the larger nipples), and loving her solid foods more and more. She is such a good eater. She has even graduated to finger foods! She loves her Biter Biscuits, Gerber Puffs, and Multi Grain Cheerios. She has also now had chicken, turkey, rice, beans, and even macaroni and cheese (baby food style). She also discovered that she really does love her oatmeal. She won't even touch rice cereal these days. Her little system is adapting quite well to her solid food...making for some interesting diapers in the morning. :)
Olivia and I have started going to the park regularly and meeting other moms/little ones. It is so fun to watch Olivia interact with her little friends. It mostly consists of Livi crawling over them and trying to suck on their hands and feet. Lol. She's the youngest of her little friends here, they are so patient with her. I love being outdoors, and if it wasn't for the worst allergy year in years here, we'd spend more time outside! Even though I'm on allergy meds, there are still days when it's just too much. :(
Another month under our belts! Time is flying by!
No comments:
Post a Comment