Happy Easter!
This Easter is a little different from our traditional celebration. With the hours of our church service (1-4pm), and the fact the family had to drive back to Livermore today, we didn't have our traditional egg hunt, egg painting, and Easter dinner. Nevertheless, we have enjoyed a beautiful day. We all slept in and enjoyed a lazy morning - and although the Easter Bunny came a little late, Olivia and Jordan had fun going through their Easter baskets. After some pumpkin pancakes and relaxed conversation, we all got ready and headed to church. Today was our first Sunday in our new meetinghouse (our building is currently under renovations).
The Easter service was beautiful - I love the Easter hymns, and we heard from two great speakers about the significance of Christ's Atonement, Death, and Resurrection. Even with having to entertain a little one, I was still filled with a feeling of awe and peace as I reflected on the life of my Savior. I had wanted to prepare a little more this year, in terms of my scripture study, but given circumstances, I wasn't able to. How grateful I am that the Church has shared the new
Bible videos online. I was able to watch the events leading up to Christ's crucifixion, death, and ultimately His resurrection. I felt the Spirit of the Lord so strongly. I know that Christ is indeed our Savior, and that He overcame both physical and spiritual death for each of us. I know that He lives, and I know that He has restored His Gospel to the earth today.
Grandpa, Lala and Jordan had to pack up and head home after church. It was hard to see them go, but we are grateful to live close enough to have visits every few months.
Olivia and I will be making our Easter cupcakes today to share with our friends (well, Livi's friends), and then it's time to get ready for Daddy to come home tomorrow! We have missed him so much.
 |
| Only had my phone to take last minute photos this morning! The Easter Bunny brought Livi Winnie the Pooh toys, bubbles, and 2 bunny books! |
 |
| The Easter bunny found Uncle Jordan, even all the way down in LA! |
 |
| I love this family! |
 |
| Me and my little princess. |
 |
| Olivia and I made bird's nests for our family and friends for Easter! So gooey and so delicious! |
 |
| They turned out cute, right?! |
 |
| One happy and sugar filled girl. |
No comments:
Post a Comment