Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deck the Halls


I'll start with this disclaimer - photos are taken with my phone because I can't find our battery charger for our camera, and even if I did - the focus on our camera isn't working. Lovely. 


I absolutely love the holidays. And I love decorating for Christmas - creating that atmosphere of the Christmas spirit. I found it a little more challenging this year in a smaller apartment, but nevertheless our home has been "Christmasified". :) In addition to what you'll see in photos...I have a beautiful wreath on my front door compliments of Costco (too dark to take a photo now), several candy dishes, a cookie jar, and windows that I have yet to decorate with lights and garland. 


I've also included a couple photos of my more recent projects for our apartment too.


I also have this garland hanging on our patio. At night it's quite pretty all lit up with white lights. Tried taking a photo at night, but it doesn't turn out with my phone.

I'm teaching Livi how to be "nice" to the tree and ornaments. This is her kissing the ornament. I suppose that constitutes as "nice."
This mirror I've had a for a few years...it used to have a brown frame, I painted it white.
My friend DeEtte had this clock in her home. I fell in love with it. From CB2. The pendulum comes red, I painted it blue to go with my accent colors in the room.
Now that I think of it, probably should have opened the doors so you could see better! This is my hutch (that one day I'll paint and distress). Cute little nativity, Christmas dishes and boxes.
This is the Santa that my mom gave to my Grandma Helen, and now it's been passed on to me. Darling. The snowmen  hold candles and spell "JOY", they are my Lisa reminder (she gave them to me a couple years ago).
The hutch.
My bookcase: Shelves are lined with Christmas books - I didn't realize how many I have! I read them to Livi. The little tree is "Livi's tree", she redecorates it every hour. We originally had the backing on this Target bookcase, but it looked too heavy on the wall, so we (well, "we" meaning Aaron) took it off again.
These fill one of my entry walls. I love IKEA frames  and I love these portraits of Olivia. I also love my husband who measured and hung them perfectly for me.
These little shelves are in a nook in my entryway. 19 days and counting.
                                  
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care. :) Here's our little Christmas corner. I love that we have a fireplace to hang our stockings from this year. I can't wait to put presents under the tree ... although I may wait until Christmas Eve to avoid Liv unwrapping them early. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! Please come decorate (well first shop with me to get cute stuff then come) my house!! so cute...you are the festive queen! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete