Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Livermore Rodeo Parade 2012

I love parades. I always have. It's because of all my fond memories of the Idaho Falls 4th of July parade. Now, I admit - the Livermore Rodeo Parade is nothing special, there aren't even floats anymore, but it is a fun little family tradition to go. Last year it was freezing cold, this year - beautiful weather! Dad, Jordan, Chelle and Josh went over early to find some curbside seats and to pick up our traditional donuts from the one and only Donut Wheel. Mom, Livi, Lisa and I came over just before the parade started (as usual). It was so fun to have all of us together - but we definitely missed having Aaron there - he is a great parade watcher (loves to hoot and holler!). Lisa and I did our best, but folks around us were pretty quiet.  I was so excited for Livi to see the parade, especially with all the horses. But holy cow! She wanted nothing to do with me, the parade or anyone else besides Lala. She was content to snuggle on her lap for almost the entire parade! She didn't come join us on the curb until the 2nd to last parade entry! Only then did she wear her cute cowgirl hat and smile and wave at the parade. Typical. Nevertheless, this year was a great parade; last year, the Shriners overran the entire parade, this year they just had 2 entries - their clowns are among my favorite entries!  I must say - my favorite thing about the Rodeo Parade (other than the donuts) is the dancing horses!!! I love Latino culture - and the music and dancing horses are amazing.  Donuts were delicious, and my siblings and I hooted and hollered for our alma maters (East Avenue Middle School, Mendenhall Middle School, Livermore Valley Charter School, LHS, and GHS....yeah, we represent quite the spread of schools). Don't we just love being from a hick town?! :)



Go East Avenue Dolphins!!!
This is us in front of LHS. The picture turned out super bright. This is my rather lame attempt at making it cool looking. :)
I get hungry just thinking about these donuts.


This is Livi and Lala....and how they looked for the ENTIRE parade!

She finally joined us curbside!





Yum.

My precious country girl.
See the empty chair for Aaron?! We missed you honey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment