Search This Blog

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Day at the Pool

After the Rodeo Parade and some lunch, we went to Sunset pool. I wasn't sure how Livi would take to a pool again. She's quite comfortable at the beach, but a pool's a totally different experience. It wasn't the warmest of days, nor the warmest of waters - so when I needed to just go in all at once, I figured best to bring Livi with me. Bad idea. Seriously bad idea. She screamed bloody murder! She clung onto me and was stuck like glue. I tried all I could think of - singing songs, splashing Jordan, talking to her, but no success. She was terrified, not to mention freezing and shivering. Although it was tempting to give up the fight, I stuck with it. I went back to my old swim lesson techniques! We got out of the pool, entered the water one step at a time, played with a ring on the first and second stairs forever, and eventually, I eased her into the water with me, increasing the distance and depth with each time. By the end, Livi was happy to jump to me off the side of the pool! Talk about relief. Us Phelps girls are all fish, I want Livi to be the same! We had a great day - chillier weather and water and all.

To end our Saturday, we had a barbecue at home - burgers and grilled corn. Amazing. Of course there was Bocce ball and chasing Livi around. :) We had plans to make s'mores, but we were stuffed! I was reminded again why I don't buy chips and french onion dip (I probably ate half a bag and tub myself!).





No comments:

Post a Comment