Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Who knew toilets could vomit?

Excuse the crude title, but it is the best way to describe our morning.

It started out like any normal morning - we got up, got Livi, opened all the windows and used the restroom.

But it was not going to be a normal toilet flushing - oh no. As soon as I released the flusher, I knew there was a problem, the water level was rising rather than falling! Seconds later we had water spewing out everywhere. Seriously, within seconds our bathroom floor was flooded! I had no clue what to do but freak out and try to grab as many towels as possible from around the house (you'd think we'd have a plunger - um, no). Thankfully Aaron is a little smarter than I am - he came to the rescue and I think turned the water off. All I know, it finally stopped. But the damage had been done. 10 towels. It took 10 huge bath towels to semi-contain the flooding. We did save the carpet, thank heavens. Our manager and maintenance man came to our rescue, and we learned that our toilet takes the brunt of all the flushing since we're on the bottom floor. Poor toilet - it was ill, who can blame it for vomiting? :)

Needless to say, I knew what I'd be doing during Liv's nap. Scrubbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment