Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spending Time With and Saying Goodbye to Auntie Allie

Allison has been called to serve in the Houston Texas East Mission.

YAY FOR SISTER MISSIONARIES!!!

I loved my mission, and in fact, I tear up the minute I think about it. It changed my life and my relationship with my Savior. I became my best self and I was blessed with the gift of charity - to love and see others as God loves and sees us. It was an amazing time, full of love and heartache, joy and sorrow, hope and disappointment. My sister Lisa served in the Tampa Florida Mission and returned home Feb. 29th. Seeing her come home and hearing her stories only increased my excitement for Allison and her mission. I know that Heavenly Father has already prepared people for her to teach!

Because we live in California, we haven't been able to spend a lot of time with Allie before her mission. So when our family came down for Christmas, we convinced her she'd have to come back and spend some one on one time with us. She was able to come for an entire week, and it went by way too fast. We didn't do anything too extravagant - the focus was just spending time with her. Aaron and I filled her head with our own mission stories, experiences, and counsel; we played at the beach and at the park; we went to see Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D and got sucked into the world of Star Wars resulting in a movie marathon of Episodes 1-3.

Talking with Allison, we could see how nervous and excited she was for her mission. It brought back all those emotions to both Aaron and me. The anticipation, the unknown, the excitement, the fear - wow, it all rolls together in one incredible rush of emotion. That rollar coaster of emotions continues your entire mission, but your faith, patience, and understanding increases, thus enabling you to handle all that comes your way (and for those times when you can't handle it, you have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior to buoy you up).

She entered the MTC TODAY! :)

We all wanted to be there for her farewell and to see her off at the MTC - but unfortunately the cost of plane tickets and gas limited us to just sending Aaron. We could have sent Olivia too, but that didn't occur to us until we were at the airport, a little late to make such a big decision - and even had we wanted to, we didn't have the proper documentation to prove that she's under 2 (she looks mature for her age). Looking back now, I think it was best that Aaron went alone - he was able to enjoy one on one time with Allie, and the focus was on her, not Olivia. That being said, after we Skyped and said goodbye last night, I teared up quite a bit - I love Allie as a sister, and I will miss her SO much these next 18 months. We'll definitely all be there for her homecoming. :)

Here are a few photos from our time together - and I hope to get copies of the photos from today once Aaron gets home.

We love you Allison!

As soon as Allison arrived, Olivia was attached to her side. we walked in the door and immediately Livi brought her a book to read. SO stinkin cute.

We had 2 beach days. Beautiful.

Livi was trying to pose just like her Auntie!!! I LOVE this picture.

Us at Manhattan Beach.

Aww...so sweet! These two are pretty hilarious together.

Olivia was listening for....I don't know....sand crabs?

Auntie Allie decided to check it out too!

Which turned into a nap on the sand! 

Me and my girl.

Am I not married to the hottest man around?! 

OH my goodness. Probably one of my top ten photos of the year.Totally captures Livi and Daddy's favorite game: chase.

SQUEEZE!

We also went to the park. Again, Daddy is chasing Livi and Auntie Allie!

Check out Liv's cute tongue.

Olivia not only took her Auntie's phone, but used her as a couch as well.

I tear up looking at this even now --- this was their goodbye before I took Allison to the airport. Thankfully they would see each other again; Aaron flew up for her farewell and MTC dropoff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment