Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

My cousin Heidi knows how to celebrate holidays. I am always anxious come the next holiday to see what she'll do, have Jada wear, or decorate with. Seriously, she is amazing - and has consequently inspired me to really get into the holidays, whatever holiday it is, as much as I can. One perk of being a former elementary school teacher is that I have tubs of holiday decor that I used for my classroom! I didn't use them much in Salem, but that is probably due to the fact they were hidden amongst other tubs in our black hole of a garage. I realized I don't have much in terms of St. Patty's Day decor, so thanks to the Dollar Store, I've added some cute window clings to my collection. I changed out the ribbon on my coffee filter wreath, decorated my front windows, and realized that would be the extent of the decoration this year.

Intently reading the recipe. 
But I wasn't satisfied with decor alone - time to introduce and create some fun family traditions! Breakfast. It is my new favorite meal of the day (recently discovered....well, "recently" means this past year). Because St Patty's Day ended up being on Saturday, what better way to celebrate than with breakfast! We enjoyed some delicious pancakes (made by Livi and Daddy), green eggs and toast (inspired by the Dr. Seuss book of Green Eggs and Ham), and green milk (gotta love food coloring). Aaron brought home some festive hats from work, and with Livi's cute headband, we were quite the happening family during breakfast. 

Daddy's little helper.
She insisted on stirring all by herself! Most of the ingredients stayed in the bowl.
Green eggs, green milk and pancakes! Yum!!!


Although she refused to wear her hat ON St. Patty's Day, she HAD to wear it ALL day  the next day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment