Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting Ready for the Big Move

No photos for this blog, sorry.
There will be plenty more to come, I'm sure.

It's Livi's and my last week here in Livermore! My slow and not so steady push to get us packed will now have to kick into high gear. We pick up the UHaul truck on Sunday morning, so our belongings will need to be organized and boxed up by then. Already we have taken over half of my parents' garage - some of the fun items included there are my garage sale finds! I should definitely share some photos of those jewels I found - a table, 4 swivel chairs, a dresser for Liv, toys for her birthday, and some random decor items. All for $100. Talk about a score.

I am definitely looking forward to the move down south. These 2 months have been quite the test of faith, patience, and endurance for me and Aaron. We haven't been apart this long.....ever! The longest period of time, even before we dated was about 2 weeks. True, we did see each other for a weekend at the 1 month mark. That was a lifesaver visit. I know that there are many couples that are apart for much longer - I think it was the unexpected length of this time apart that has proved the most difficult. I am grateful to have been around my family and in a familiar place, but it is time to move on. Literally.

95% of our belongings have been sitting in U-Boxes in Salt Lake City, UT for the past 9 months. We received notice that they have finally made it to LA! They will be delivered to our new apartment on Oct. 15th. Yay. Thank you ahead of time to our new ward that will be helping Aaron unload those. I am oh so sad I'll be missed the fun. Notice the sense of sarcasm. The UHaul truck is for our belongings here in Livermore - we have more than I realized, and with our lack of furniture and a fridge, I am hoping to have even more by the end of this week. Gotta love Craigslist. We also have a few more items being stored at Aaron's parents house - 12 boxes I've been told! Who knows what lovely things we have forgotten about there. I'm excited to have all of our belongings in one place, but I must admit, I'm concerned we won't have room for it all!

My mom will be driving down with me and Livi in our Accord on Monday, the 17th. Aaron will be driving the truck. Lucky man. Mom will be staying the first week to help me unpack and make our apartment somewhat livable before Olivia's FIRST birthday (Oct. 22). How time flies. I haven't even thought about what I'm going to do for her little celebration! Ideas? Debbie, Aaron's mom, flies in on Livi's birthday to join in on the fun - she'll then stay the following week to help me with more unpacking, and of course to spend time with her favorite granddaughter. :) I am so grateful for the help. I am one of those people that would go insane simply unpacking a box a day - and given that my unpacking/decorating time is limited by a sweet little girl nowadays, having our moms there is a blessing.

So here's to a busy week of packing, organizing, and fridge searching!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You will be fine using craiglist. That's what we did, I looked the day before we went to our apartment and contacted the person and got everything set up. They delivered it to us the next day and we got everything set up. If it's a person that won't deliver it, definitely take advantage while you still have your uhaul.

    ReplyDelete