Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Life is Grand

It's amazing what can take place in a week...and what will take place for that matter. Baby girl is still maneuvering around like crazy! She has successfully bruised a rib or two...not to mention an organ or two! Head down position and ready to roll; literally, she rolls from one side to the other! How she does it with such little room, I'd like to know. She gets daily doses of hiccups, but with a little bum patting, they usually pass quite quickly. It's been fun for Aaron's family to watch her move around in my belly - the movements are quite strong, so you don't have to watch for long to be entertained. I had an appointment on Friday the 17th. I am measuring 36 cm, right on track. Baby girl weighs somewhere around 6 lbs and is about 18-20 inches long. She is healthy and happy, heart rate perfect. I'm not dilated at all, so the doctor thinks I'll go to my due date - October 15 - or even after! I quickly corrected her that we would NOT be waiting another week to have her. The 15th is my cutoff! I want to finally meet my cute cute daughter; additionally, I don't think I can handle the itchiness for that long. Yes, that's the new "fun" development in my pregnancy - constant itchy skin; no rash, no bug bites, and yet it feels like my skin is crawling! It's the worst at night, but thanks to Benadryl and Claritin it's manageable. I get up 2-3 times a night to use the restroom - and it's quite the feat to roll myself out of our ridiculously soft bed, especially when Aaron is sleeping near me - I roll right into the middle! My belly is bigger...and folks at church are thrilled that I "actually look pregnant" now - well I should hope so with only a few weeks to go! I finished the nursery Friday - at least the necessities. There is still her name to put above the crib (which we won't determine until she's born) and some shelves to hang. After purchasing a few diapers, white onesies, and winter wear 0-3 months I think we'll finally be "ready".

Today, Lisa gave her farewell talk in the Livermore 3rd Ward. Because I'm 36 weeks along, I wasn't able to fly or drive down to hear her. It was hard not being there with the rest of the family, but I do get to see her tomorrow (along with Michelle and my grandparents). After a day with family in Salt Lake and a day of last minute preparation, we'll take Lisa to the MTC on Wednesday. I am filled with so many mixed emotions! I am so excited for her - I have been reading through my mission journals, letters, and looking through photos - and yet I will miss her desperately. She is one of my best friends, and she has always been there for me. However, how selfish would I be if I didn't share one of the world's most amazing women with Florida? Lisa will make an incredible missionary. She shines with the light of Christ, and her positive energy will attract many to hear her message. I am so proud of her, and I am excited to tell her niece all about her and her decision to serve a mission. Already I look forward to having my little girl meet Lisa in the airport just 18 months from now!

Michelle is moving back to Provo for a few months, starting a dental assisting program. I am thrilled to have a sister close by - not only because I'm sure I'll need the help - but also because Michelle is a positive, charasmatic woman. She is an example to me of service and love. And, she's pretty much the funniest girl I know (next to Lisa). :)

So here's to Week 37 of pregnancy, Farewell to Lisa, and Hello to Michelle! Life is grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment