Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Birthday, Braxton Hicks, Baby Bump and BYU

It's amazing how much can happen in just one week. I intended to write more frequently, but it's been a
B-usy week. Seriously - all the highlights start with the letter B (hence the post title). Despite not looking a day over 20 (or so I'm told), I turned 27 on Sept. 1 - that's 3 years from turning "30, flirty and thriving" to quote a great movie! I can't say that 27 feels much different from 26; I am loving my life right now and feeling great. I am married to the man of my dreams, I have a sweet baby girl on the way, and life changes just around the corner. My birthday started out with a sweet Happy Birthday from my hubby and an obnoxious Happy Birthday song from my mother and sisters at midnight. Aaron woke me up with a beautiful red rose and a very sweet card from him and our baby girl. My mother-in-law Debbie took me out to a delicious lunch at Prestwich Farms in Spanish Fork where I enjoyed a great fish sandwich, and then we filled the afternoon with lots of conversation, driving, and some errands. That night, Aaron and I dressed up nice and went out to eat at one of our favorite Asian restaurants in Payson - delicious sesame chicken. Aaron surprised me with tickets to the BYU vs. Nevada game on Sept. 25th (let's hope baby girl waits until after the game to come!)....I couldn't have asked for more. Throughout the day I received countless texts and calls wishing me Happy Birthday - I felt so loved by family and friends. Aaron and I intended to have a movie and popcorn night - but ended up watching House and falling asleep early. What a perfect day!


Friday night, Grammy and Grandpa and our Erickson family came down for a dessert night. I was spoiled with angel food cake/strawberries/whipped cream, a funfetti cake, and ice cream floats! We all gabbed and ate...my favorite things to do. I received many wonderful gifts including a gift certificate for a massage, flowerpot, new book series to read, rose candles, a glider for me and baby, money towards my new Converse, and some MoTab CD's I've been wanting. Seriously spoiled. We finished off the night with fireworks (Aaron ordered them especially for me thanks to Payson's Onion Days) and games out front.
 
Saturday, Aaron put together my new glider from my family - it is beautiful and comfy - can't wait to use it! We also had a family barbecue with the Augustus', Amanda and her boys are visiting from Hawaii. We barbecued burgers and chicken, enjoyed chips/salsa, corn on the cob, RockBand, backyard games, and the shade. After some quick naps, it was time for the BYU vs. Washington game!!! I was super stoked - Aaron even had to upgrade our Dish package to get the channel for me - another little birthday present (although we'll be cancelling that upgrade today). It was a thrilling game, I'm sure they heard my cheers all the way up in Provo! What a great first victory - GO COUGARS!
Our baby girl continues to amaze me with her strength! Supposedly her movements should be slowing down because of the decreased room, but she is stopping at nothing to make her presence known! My baby bump is getting bigger each day --- and those darn Braxton Hicks are getting stronger and more frequent too! And let's not forget the frequent bathroom runs and the interrupted sleep pattern. However, I have had an amazing pregnancy, I have been truly blessed. We are working on the nursery this next week and even have our hospital bags ready (for the most part). Last 6 weeks - here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment