Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Times are changing...

Fall brings the changing colors...but also changes to our life! It has been a crazy couple of weeks, filled with wonderful memories. Lisa entered the Missionary Training Center on Sept. 22, 2010. Although it was hard to let her go, we couldn't be happier for her. She will be serving 18 months in the Florida Tampa Mission, speaking Spanish. She was glowing the day she entered the MTC - and through all the tears, we could see just how excited she was to serve the Lord. I miss her like crazy, sometimes even dialing her number out of habit, but I am at peace knowing that she is giving her all to the work.




Farewell Hna. Phelps!



Aaron took me to the BYU vs. Nevada game for my 27th birthday. It was a blast. Sure, BYU lost. Miserably. But there is something about being in Couagar Stadium, singing the figt song, cheering on the Cougs, yelling at our competition and refs, and sitting with family and friends that feels like home to me. I love college football - more specifically BYU Football. My feet swelled like crazy, but Grandpa let Aaron and I sit with him and Uncle Mike in the alumni section - in the shade! What a relief. I sure hope that Cougar fight song sticks with our baby girl - she's gonna have blue blood, just like her mama!    






  



Our baby girl continues to grow! She is now about 6 1/2 to 7lbs and 19 to 20 inches long. She is as active as ever - but now I swear she's going to kick a hole through my belly! Because I wasn't dilating or effacing, Dr. Dayton stripped my membranes on Friday, Oct. 1. That made for an interesting time at our 4th annual Haines Mission Reunion. The cramping/contractions were quite intense. Since then, however, things have calmed down. Thankfully so - we want her to come, but not while my parents were in Tahoe for the weekend. :) The reunion was fantastic - such a blessing to see our mission president and his wife, some of our favorite senior couples, and our missionary friends. Chicago and our missions mean the world to Aaron and I - I am grateful it is something we share. :)








  
                                               
We have successfully assembled all our baby "toys": the stroller, the carseat and base, the pack 'n' play, the bouncer, the front carrier, not to mention the crib. The nursery is darling - although I'll wait to put pictures up until I finish it. :) Our bags are packed, we're ready to go! It's just the waiting game now. My favorite moment this weekend was watching Aaron practice using the stroller, carseat, and base. He is darling. What an amazing daddy he'll make.

No comments:

Post a Comment