November 17, 2012
BYU vs SJSU
How could I space blogging about such an awesome day?! For my birthday, my parents bought me tickets to go to the BYU vs SJSU football game in San Jose. I have been totally bummed about not having been able to attend a BYU football game for 2 years now; the last game I attended was 2 weeks before Livi was born. How I miss those days in Lavell Edwards Stadium! When my parents saw there was a game so close to Livermore, they knew it was just the thing I needed for my birthday.
This was that same trip we went for Jordan's birthday and then stayed through to Thanksgiving. Dad and Jordan were my game buddies. We got decked out in our BYU gear, and were sure to have rain ponchos and layers since it was rainy and cold. Mom and Dad not only purchased game tickets, but the tailgate tickets too. I was totally picturing a tailgate party. You know, cars and trucks in a parking lot with small barbecues going everywhere. Not the case. This tailgate party was set up on the local baseball field, and the food was served from the concessions areas! We waited in a long line for food, but it was worth it. We were able to choose 2 entrees (pulled pork, tri-tip, hot dogs), 2 sides (potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, chips), a drink and dessert, talk about a lot of food.
While waiting in line, I even picked up a BYU hoodie - I was pretty devastated when I realized I didn't own one. I made it out to the field to hear President Cecil Samuelson (president of BYU) speak, pretty nifty. We even got to see the Cougarettes perform! There were booths everywhere with activities for kids/families and advertising. I think the highlight of the tailgate was definitely when Jordan and I scored a photo with Cosmo right before he rushed over to the football stadium.
On our way over to the stadium we got heckled by a few SJSU fans dressed up as Mormon missionaries, asking us if we wanted to hear more about the Book of Mormon. We had to give them props for their dressing up - and the bike helmet was an especially creative touch; however, the beer in one hand and the stench of alcohol when they spoke made them much less believable. :) The game itself had a great start, a lacking middle, and an intense rally at the end, but we did end up losing. Even with the sting of a loss, it was awesome to be there and to have such great seats. We were only 13 rows up from the field, around the 20 yard line. I was a little starstruck by being able to see all the players and read their expressions! It only rained at the end of the game (and seemingly every time the Cougars got in the red zone!), so we really lucked out. I absolutely loved being there with two of my favorite men, Dad and Jordan are great game buddies.
Thanks Mom and Dad for the awesome memories and experience!


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment