Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Decorations

My mom's house is AMAZING at Christmas time. You walk in the front door and it just feels like Christmas. The sights, the smells, the lights and the music are so wonderfully familiar, and you feel cozy, warm, and loved. Every room, every nook and cranny is decked out for the holiday. And my oh my, there are Christmas treats and candy in almost every jar in the house. I am homesick for it every year. Although my Christmas collection is still small in comparison, I have tried to create that same feeling Christmas spirit and feeling of home for my family. This year, because we'll spending Christmas in Utah, I opted for a simpler decorations year (thanks Mom for the encouragement). We are using our small Christmas tree (it's no more than 2 feet tall) and just a few Christmas-y things around the house. The garland was a must considering we'll have no big tree with lights to fill our room with that Christmas lights glow. Since taking these photos I've added a few more things around our place, and put garland out on the patio, but at least it's a small look into our little apartment this holiday season. Thanks to pine scented candles and Christmas music that plays 24:7, it really does feel magical and merry in our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment