I am thrilled that Aaron has work, that he loves his work, and that he is living rent free. What I don't love is that we aren't together as a family. Rather than move our little family twice, we opted to keep Livi and me here in Livermore while Aaron works crazy hours for 2 months and looks for housing. It's been harder than I anticipated to be apart from Aaron for so long. Thankfully, he found a potential apartment that I just
had to go down and see. :) After some last minute events/changes (my great grandma in the ICU and my mom flying to Utah), I decided to take Olivia with me! I hadn't flown with her since she was 3 months old, and with her being the little busybody that she is, I was a little nervous about our flight. With the exception of the last ten minutes of the flight when she cried (ear pressure), she was the greatest little traveler. We read
the Ear Book at least a dozen times and played the "in and out game" (putting her toys in and out of the puke bag, don't worry - the puke bag was unused). When we got to the airport, Aaron greeted us (well, we greeted him...he was watching the wrong door...) with flowers and hugs.
Rather than dialogue the whole adventure...here are a few snapshots of our little family reunion.
 |
| Olivia didn't last long after strapped in the warm car. |
 |
| We weren't together for my birthday, so Aaron surprised me with cake and balloons! |
 |
| We walked to the beach (it's only a few blocks from Aaron's corporate housing), Olivia ran right into the water. |
 |
Here is the "after salt water" face. :) We went to the beach every day but one. I can definitely get used to that. |
 |
| Olivia got in a fight with the balloons...they won. |
 |
I could have cropped this...but it's funny as is. We set the camera up on the top of the car while we waited for our pizza. Game day! It was a disappointing loss to Texas, but hey - we looked great in our Cougar garb. |
 |
After church on Sunday, we visited the LA Temple grounds. Funny, we never made it to the visitor's center (just realized that). Here's Daddy and his little princess. |
 |
| Livi preaching the Gospel! |
 |
We met some awesome families at the temple. The family that took this photo for us was a BYU/Ute fan split! I don't know how such marriages survive. Lol. They were visiting from Utah. |
 |
Aaron took us on a private tour of Riot Games. It is an amazing facility. I am thoroughly impressed with the atmosphere and people. |
 |
| One of my all-time favorite photos. |
 |
| Olivia is quite the fashionista. She loves sunglasses. |
 |
Are we there yet? Olivia got to sit in her own seat while we were in the air. This is her quite ready to be back home in Livermore. The pack 'n' play just isn't as comfy as her crib. |
No comments:
Post a Comment