Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Santa Monica, Here We Come!

Okay, this blog post is way overdue. It is no secret that Aaron has been job searching for months now - 7 months to be exact. He had many phone calls and in person interviews, and even flights to Southern Cal for interviews - but nothing panned out. We were both exhausted and frustrated by what seemed like an endless search. Along the way I kept wondering what the Lord had in store for my little family - we were trying to live obedient lives so that we would qualify for His help - were we not doing enough?

Ah, the power of hindsight. Looking back now, with each interview Aaron learned something new or met a necessary contact to lead him ultimately to Riot Games. He would be the best one to tell this story - but suffice it to say - he had an interview with a large and well respected company in Southern California. While he was there for the interview, he had some extra time on his hands and went in to Riot to inquire about any open positions. Also, Aaron became good friends with the recruiter at the large company - they kept in touch and months down the road, this recruiter introduced Aaron to the right people at Riot - ultimately leading to his interview there.

The interviews at Riot went really well. Aaron came home so excited about the prospect of working there - his dream job. Aaron is a gamer - for those of you that know him, that comes as no surprise. He has been playing a game called League of Legends for quite some time now - and he has loved it. He's even introduced it to his family and friends. League of Legends is made by Riot Games! Aaron seriously couldn't be happier.

Not too soon after his interviews, Aaron received a job offer from Riot that we couldn't resist - not to mention, everything just fell into place and just felt right. Being this is our first "real" job, and our first big move - we wanted to know if this was our Heavenly Father's will. After much prayer and fasting - we knew that the job at Riot and the move to Santa Monica was right for us.

Aaron has already moved down to Santa Monica and started work - his first day was the 19th (Crazy that they start you on Fridays, right?!). I hear from him daily and he loves the company, the people, and the job. He is working as many hours as he can - not only to expedite his training - but to help us with upcoming move in costs. Aaron would also be the best one to describe what exactly he's doing there - but since he's not much of a blogger - I'll do my best. Aaron's been hired as a Lead NOC Technician. NOC stands for Networks Operation Center. He works with a team of employees to maintain the company's servers - basically, they make sure that the game (League of Legends) is up and running for players around the world.

The search is now on for a place to live. :) Olivia and I miss him so much - but we are thankful for this awesome opportunity - and grateful for Skype. :) I am flying down this upcoming Wednesday to look for housing, we are searching online now - hoping to narrow our search. I'll be there for 4 days - the longest I've EVER been away from my little girl. Livi will stay here with her Gma Laurie, Gpa Gary and Uncle Jordan. I know she's in good hands - I'm not so worried about how she'll cope without me - but with how I'LL cope without her. Perspective, right?! Gotta keep perspective.

I am proud of my husband Aaron - for the man he is. He has persevered and stayed positive throughout this process. I love you honey!

I am grateful that my Heavenly Father continues to guide my family - I kick myself sometimes for ever doubting Him. Someone has said that He is involved in even the details of our lives. He is acutely aware of our struggles and desires - and knows which decisions will lead to our greatest joys and successes. Moving forward, I will more confidently put my trust in Him to lead us. We have learned so much as a couple and as a family these past 7 months - life's lessons that are invaluable.

Here's to a fantastic and exciting future - warm, beautiful Santa Monica - Here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard of the site padmapper.com? It compiles rental listings on a google map. It is fabulous for apartment searching. Good luck!
    -Garin

    ReplyDelete