Yesterday I took Olivia to her 6 month checkup with Dr. Eyre. I was even a brave mama and went by myself...not really on purpose, but that's just how it ended up. I have a serious phobia of needles, so going for Livi's immunization shots has been traumatic, but each time I think I'm getting better (as long as I don't look at the needles). Both baby and I handled the shots famously. I did feel sorry for my little one though...she was starving so while we waiting for David to come in and give her her shots, I fed her a bottle. She chugged the bottle and was asleep by the time he came in! So imagine that lovely wake up call - I did wake her before her he administered the shots---but you know how babies are after they wake up, dozey for a bit, so talk about rude awakening. Thankfully, after a quick cuddle with mom, she was sound asleep again.
Olivia is now 17.2 lbs and 27 1/2 inches long! She is quite tall for her age, 93 percentile! :) She is totally healthy and impressed Dr. Eyre with her strength and love for standing.
Funny story - in my 6 month update blog post about Olivia, I mentioned that she has started with the whole stranger anxiety jazz. Yesterday, David (our awesome nurse) had me take her out into the hall to get weighed. She stared him down as we walked out with a white knuckle grasp on my shirt. When I tried to lay her down on the scale she grabbed my ear (and consequently my earring, ouch!) and shoulder and wouldn't let go. She just started to scream! All the while looking at David. Thank heavens for a quick and accurate scale. As soon as I picked her up, she was fine. Crazy girl! I told David not to feel too bad - and to remember that this was the same little girl who flirted with him during our last appointment!
Fun news - because Olivia has taken so well to solid foods, we are introducing 3 solid food meals a day and teething crackers! Yay! Because of her shots, she's been sleeping more than usual --- so we look forward to our new little schedule in a few days.
Yay for healthy, happy babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment