Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sweet Home California

It's been a wonderful week. Michelle came home for a visit...and after a turn of events, she's able to spend another week with us! We have had some awesome family time together, from barbecues to game nights, from Conference to family movies. We've gone to the beach, painted our toenails, tie-dyed shirts, and celebrated Lisa's birthday. I am so blessed to have sisters. I love spending time with each of them - and both of them together! They are quite the riot when together. Lisa is on her mission in Tampa now, and with Michelle in Utah and me in California, it's been an adjustment. I am grateful for this time to spend with my sweet Michelle! She has brought an infectious optimism and service minded attitude home. I love you Chelle!

Here's a few photos from our week...

We love Seabright Beach in Santa Cruz. Because of the tsunami, the beach is covered in driftwood and debris! Folks have built all sorts of cool things! This bench was by far our favorite. We even witnessed its building!

Me and Chelle....in all our white glory.

Some of the cool creations.

This is quite large! We camped right behind it for the the day. My favorite was watching a little baby play inside. Darling.
Before our family barbecue, Aaron cleaned out the grill from the long winter months while Jordan and Dad cleaned out the pond! It was quite the ordeal.
Olivia in all her cuteness.

She loves her sunglasses --- as long as she doesn't know they're on her face! Is she not darling?! She's also a football fan. Yes, we're starting her young.
Daddy's girl.

Her first cheeseburger!!! She was far more excited about the burger than her rice cereal and bananas. :) When Grandpa wasn't looking, she grabbed a handful of bun to eat!

Livi "loves" helping me do the laundry.

And when Daddy's not looking, she checks her email on his laptop.

She's a piano player in the making!

And she loves snuggling with Lisa's stuffed animals on her bed. Livi is "borrowing" her room while Lisa's in FL. Thanks Auntie Lisa!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen! It's Angela. I found your blog somehow and just had to say hi. And to let you know that I've been looking at it. This way you won't think some crazy person has been stalking you. Okay, I am a little crazy! Anyway, Olivia is the cutest little girl! I'm just sad I wasn't able to meet her before you moved to California. Tell your family hi for us and feel free to check out our blog. If you can't get to it from my name, let me know, and I'll send you a link. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete