Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

California Dreamin'

Summers are meant to be spent in California; sun, beaches, pools, food, barbecues, San Fran, the Boardwalk, need I say more? However, with a little one on the way and limited funding --- our California vacay will have to wait until next year. Fortunately, I have very loving parents who flew me down so that I could spend some time with Lisa before she leaves on her mission Sept. 22. Because I'll be too far along, I won't be able to attend her farewell - so I opted to fly down when we could still have fun and DO things as a family. It was an awesome trip - school shopping with Jordan, a day in Santa Cruz (a Phelps Family Tradition), daddy-daughter date night, baby shopping/smoothies/Eat Pray Love/bridal shower with Mom and sisters, Step Up 3 and lunch with Lisa, Grill 'n' Games night, homemade pizza and ice cream, singing in church with Mom and my sisters, and chillax time together. The only thing that could have made it better would have been Aaron being there - my poor hubby was home working instead. I am so grateful for the simple times together as family, those are the times when memories are really made

Sisters!
 
Aunt Lisa, Mama Kris, and
baby girl at 31 weeks -
her first Boardwalk
adventure!

Jordan and I enjoyed
our Togos sandwiches on the
beach (#24 Turkey Avocado
for me) and waiting in line
with our fellow gargoyles
for the newly remodeled
Haunted Castle.
I was advised not to
ride on it because of
flashing lights, twists,
and turns - but I
survived! Ghostblasters
was my other ride of choice,
I came out with the
lowest score - I
am sure my gun was
rigged.

It was late and cold, but 
Dad and the kids were 
brave enough to go on the Log
Run! Brave the first time.
Crazy the second time.
Mom and I captured some 
great video of Lisa's scream! 

Sure love this girl!

Hard to believe he's a
Sophomore this year!
  
Our first annual Grill 'n' Games night:
barbecue chicken
sandwiches, shrimp kabobs,
pop, Jello salad, grilled
pineapple, bocce ball,
card games, and s'mores
at the fire pit.
 
 
And, just so you know -
Michelle, Mom, and I
totally beat Dad, Lisa,
and Jordan! Go Red!
We love s'mores by the
firepit...nothing better than
sweets and family time.
We made homemade pizzas
for our Sunday dinner! We ate
upstairs in the Rec Room, looked at
photos, and topped it all off with Ice
Road Truckers and ice cream before
bed. Simply marvelous!


    
            





No comments:

Post a Comment