Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Break with Nana, Papa and Auntie Sarah

 3 April - 10 April 2014

Nana, Papa and Sarah came down to spend Sarah's Spring Break with us. We were crazy enough to squish us all into our little apartment - but that led to some funny memories for sure (Livi still calls our extra mattress "Sarah's bed"). We enjoyed time at the beach, at the Pier, at the Temple, at the Griffith Observatory, and time at home (playing games, watching General Conference, watching movies, watching YouTube videos, and of course playing with Livi and Will). We ate at Qdoba, Pier Burger, and Tatsu Ramen (and made some pretty scrumptious meals at home). Olivia and Will both loved all the extra attention and play time - the fun never stopped for them. Papa even brought 3D glasses for Olivia to watch Frozen in 3D on his laptop! She thought that was pretty special. They brought sidewalk chalk, silly string, candy, and presents for the kids - and spoiled them even more during our Target run - Olivia scored big with a Nerf gun to shoot Daddy (and the rest of us) with. Her 6 bullets didn't last long though, I think we were down to 2 within an hour - have no fear, we are back up to 5 now. We loved having Nana get up in the mornings with us - she and Will are cuddle buddies for sure - especially at the beach. Sarah was always willing to play games, with kids or adults, early in the morning or late at night! It was a tough goodbye come that next Thursday - Aaron left for Boston for PAX East and Nana, Papa and Sarah left for Aunt Florene's all on the same day! "Just Mom" didn't quite cut it that first day, we had bouts of tears all afternoon and evening - a sign that the kiddos absolutely loved Spring Break with our Utah family. :)

This was an important trip for both our families - a time to come together and get to know each other better and get updated on life. I am so grateful for the time we had. I think we're all looking forward to our trip to Utah in May for Sarah's high school graduation - we sure missed having Lauren, Allison, Chandler and Matt (not forgetting of course Matthew in Ecuador ... and Maple!) with us. Thanks again for a fun week Nana, Papa and Sarah!

Now, I took far too many photos on our beach days (and during the whole weekend) - but I've tried - key word: tried - to narrow them down. So enjoy the fun photo dump (for lack of a better term) of our week together - once again, unedited, but who has time for editing photos anymore. And yes - there are A LOT...as in 79 photos a lot. And I haven't even uploaded the photos from our phones yet. Haha...that update to come soon. 

Welcome to LA snuggles.





3 generations of Erickson men.
My little family.
Have I mentioned Olivia loves posing?! 
Lovebirds. 


She really does melt my heart. 




Little Miss Attitude did NOT want to leave the Temple.
View from the Griffith Observatory. It was Debbie's idea to visit here (originally Allie's back in the day) - and SO glad we did! Parking was a bit of a nightmare, but so worth it. We hope to go back when we have more time.
Blurry, I know - the result of no tripod and trying to take a quick photo in the dark. 




Downtown LA.
This first set of beach photos is at Will Rogers - lots of football was played!

Will hung out with Nana in the shade, eating the sand...er, playing in the sand.

Snuggle buddies.
Wowzers! That good lookin' guy is all mine!
Livi was "rescuing" Daddy from the ocean.
If I could describe how Livi feels about the beach/ocean in a photo - this would be it.



Livi stayed buried in the sand for a long while. She loves to be buried. Papa even built her a moat and protected her from any big waves that came her way.

Proof that I was actually at the beach (other than the proof of 79 photos taken, lol).
Digging a hole is a family affair.
I don't know why, but this photo just makes me laugh.

Yup. Classic.
This little guy loves toys that are as big as he is.
Pure joy. She loves sitting in holes filled with water - "swimming pools." Funny that she's not a fan of real swimming pools. She is truly a beach bum.

Best "swimming pool" ever! Thanks to Sarah and Papa.
But then there was NO water to fill it.
So Daddy did a "wave dance."
Sarah and Livi tried to pull the waves into the pool.
Then Livi and Daddy wrote their names in the sand, because that always seems to work. And it did, but they didn't write their names up far enough to fill the pool.
But finally a wave reached and started to fill Livi's pool.
Mud slinging. Always fun.

Lunch at Pier Burger! 

Waiting in line for the ferris wheel on the Pier. Papa and I opted out - full stomach + motion sickness is never a good combo for me.




Yes, I took 5 attempts at this shot and Livi was picking her nose in every single one.

Cutest boys ever.
Beach Day #2: Santa Monica Beach, just off the Pier.


I just love this photo, the light, the expressions on everyone's faces, the angle, LOVE it.

Super Me to the rescue! 

Me and my little lady. I love this girl with all my heart - and I love that she loves the beach almost as much as I do. 

Will totally looks like a rag doll in this one.
So, a wave totally caught him off guard and soaked him. He was less than amused.
Nana to the rescue (Mommy was too busy laughing and taking photos).
"Mom, not cool. That was a serious wipeout!"
I love Sarah's expression! She and Livi spent a lot of time in the water together - she and Aaron even took Livi out past the break! Olivia loved it.
These two couldn't get enough of Nana and didn't want to share her.

1 comment:

  1. I loved every picture except for my hair which I never straightened the whole time we were there. The one of Aaron and I wearing our hates, makes me laugh too. It was so fun reading the blog about our visit too. We had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete