Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Trip to the Zoo with New Friends


I am so grateful that there are outgoing people in the world - you know, the kind of folks that make things happen! For a few months now I've been meaning to get to know a girl in our ward - Dana - but haven't done anything about it; thank goodness she's one of those folks that take action, she invited Olivia and I to go to the zoo with her and her son Cage. We had such a fabulous day, and I loved getting to know her. She is someone you can't help but be yourself around, super easy going and engaging. And it's awesome that our kids are so close in age (2 months apart) - we share many of the same "joys" of parenting. From the reptiles exhibit to giraffes, from elephants to gorillas, we had a great day. The kids loved the animals, and I loved the adult company (not that talking to a 2 year old all day isn't exhilarating).

Here are my favorite shots from the day! 

This was that moment when they realized they were following each other - "You followin' me?" :)
They would not leave this snake! Totally amazed.

I think these were iguanas that kept their attention next. I love their little reflections in the glass.
Tried to sneak a photo of these two --- but they were too fast
You may not be able to see it, but I love her snake tongue!
We got to see the gorillas in action today! Even the "daddy" gorilla (the Silverback). 
She just couldn't get enough of the gorillas. 
We love the elephant training show! So fun to see these amazing creatures up close and personal!
We spent a long time here with the elephants. The kids were mesmerized. Wouldn't you be?  

Livi and I usually treat ourselves to some ice cream or slurpee (or both as was the case today) at the end of our zoo trips. It's always warm at the zoo! I love this one of Livi - she was showing Cage her ice cream tongue.
Poor Cage, dreaming of ice cream. Sorry Dana that we ate in front of ya'll! 
Is she not beautiful?! Wearing my sunglasses and licking her ice cream, quite the supermodel already.
We love new friends! Thanks for a great day you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment