Here are some photos of my poor sick princess...
![]() |
| Kanga, Roo, Pooh and Dumbo (under the blanket) were her movie buddies this month. |
![]() |
| Finally took her to the doctor. A fever of 104 degrees for 3 days just isn't fun. |
![]() |
| Starting to feel better, but still so sick. I love that she still smiled for the camera though. |
It wasn't until this last week that I finally ended up with the creepy crud. Thankfully, the flu-like symptoms only lasted 2 days (fever, chills, body aches, sore throat). It's been this silly sinus infection and consequent fatigue (I guess that happens when you're 25 weeks pregnant and haven't slept in a week) that has sucked the life out of me this week. I have been grateful that Aaron has been feeling better, and although he's since returned to work, he is able to help out in the evenings when he gets home or breaks for dinner; he's also taken charge in the mornings so that I have been able to sleep in. Olivia is still congested and has a lingering cough, but she is far more herself these days. She's been mommy's little angel - I couldn't have asked for a better toddler while being sick. We've watched every Disney movie we own and most of the ones on Amazon Instant Video and Netflix, read a thousand books, done her 3 favorite puzzles at least 50 times, and she's so good to play independently while I rest. Honestly, I have taken full on naps while she's played quietly in her room! She's even come to check on me on the couch ("Mama? Mama crying? Mama happy?"). Darling.
![]() |
| After being cooped up in the house for 3 weeks, we've gotten a little loopy these days. You know it's bad when you're excited to go to the doctor so you have to get out of the house. |
I knew I had an OB appt. yesterday, so I put off calling my PCP because I figured my OB would just write me a prescription to finally kick this sinus infection in the you-know-where. Yeah, that would have been too easy. I'll save us all the long story - suffice it to say I went to the OB yesterday, my PCP today, I have my glucose screening on Monday and my Rhogam shot on Tuesday. Yup. 4 days of doctor's visits. Such fun. They were supposed to all happen on the same day, but thanks to some new office staff and a miscommunication between the doctor's office and the lab, it's now 4 days. Lovely. Happy news though - I've got my meds and should be feeling better in a couple days.
I won't take good health for granted for a long time. It has been awful having my entire little family get sick one week after another. It is painful taking care of a sick man (if you're married you know what I mean by that), exhausting (though equally rewarding with cuddle time) taking care of a sick toddler, and impossible to be sick while pregnant and taking care of a still sick toddler while husband is working late hours. Sigh. The end is in sight though!
My good friend Laura just had her baby - Eden Rose (don't you love her name?!) - and I am so excited to be able to hold her, not to mention take her other daughter Liv off her hands (she's 9 months younger than Livi and an absolute doll). That's been my motivation to get better. So here's to February - hopefully a healthier month!





Oh I hope you feel better soon!! I cant believe that you had to go through all of this:( Know that we love you and are praying for you!!
ReplyDelete