Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Michelle's 20th Birthday


 My little sister turned 20 yesterday. 20. I remember turning 20, and it doesn't seem that long ago. Yet, here we are 7 years later. I look back and realize that I have accomplished a lot in those 7 years - I served a mission, graduated from BYU, taught 3 years of 4th grade, got married to the love of my life, and had a baby! The memories are endless. It's amazing how much perspective I gain from looking back and seeing where I've come from - it gives more meaning to where I am and where I'm going in life.

To celebrate Chelle's birthday, we hid a balloon bouquet in her car at work, took her to dinner at In 'n' Out (her choice), made her a cupcake cake (Hawaii theme),  and opened gifts. We decorated Grammy and Grandpa's house with balloons, and even put a ginormous sign on the garage to welcome her home. I had blast putting it all together and loved spending the evening with my family! I am grateful to have my sister so close...she is amazing and one of my best friends. Man, I love birthdays.

The party goers (minus sleeping Olivia). Too bad Grandpa is hiding behind Michelle!
Us at In 'n' Out
Michelle and her balloon bouquet! I hope you notice the mini toothpaste tube as the weight. Not only was it the only thing I had in my car, but also it's a tribute to Michelle's new job as a Dental Assistant!

No comments:

Post a Comment