Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby Talk

Once upon a time, I had a lot to say...about everything! I could engage with you about the news, the weather, the happenings at Westside Elementary, politics, fashion, sports, the latest drama on Biggest Loser, and more. Although I can still talk Loser, I learned something about myself last night at our ward Christmas party - I can only talk Baby Talk. Now I don't mean the high pitched cooing that we all do around babies...what I mean is I only talk about Olivia and baby development! I talk about her sleep patterns, the new routines I'm introducing, her favorite toys, how many ounces a day she's drinking, and yes, even about her stools. I even find myself talking to those around me through Olivia --- for example, "Mommy got 10 hours of sleep last night! It was amazing!" I was trying to have a "normal" conversation last night - you know, about normal things like job interviews and the news - and I felt awkward. It was as though I had nothing to add to the conversation. I was relieved when someone asked me about Olivia and how she's sleeping these days, I had something to say! I could breathe again!

Pathetic.

Although, looking at it from a more positive perspective, I suppose it is evidence that I am one dedicated mother and an expert on my little girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment