Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas 2011

We've been looking forward to this Christmas all year. It was our first Christmas just the three of us, and Olivia's first "real" Christmas. At 2 months old, she didn't really get the whole opening gifts tradition. It was everything we could have hoped for. We spent Christmas Eve at the beach and Christmas Day at home. Liv and I loved having Aaron home with us - we sure miss him when he's gone at work all week.


This is what Christmas looks like in Santa Monica! Livi and Daddy are making their "psycho faces". Olivia loves to make this face. She also makes a hissing noise as she does it, breathing through her teeth. Hilarious.
Mommy, Liv, and our brand new stroller! Thank you Grandma Laurie and Grandpa Gary! 
After our fun in the sun at the beach, we headed over to the 3rd Street Promenade to get our picture taken with Santa! We were blown away that to have one photo printed cost $16. Thankfully, Santa and Mrs. Claus gifted us a 4x6 of our family photo (and this shot we snuck with Aaron's iPhone).
Daddy and Livi Christmas Eve...just about to open our Christmas Eve presents!
Christmas pajamas! I love this tradition. 
We are so blessed! :)
Santa Claus came to our house! Yay!
Seriously the best morning hair for Liv. Don't you love her little mop? We were wondering whether she would go for the slide or the train first. I voted for the train, and oh I was right! 
Here we are Christmas morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed! Olivia couldn't figure out why we took her away from her train tracks. She was NOT amused at having to take yet another family photo.
After playing with the toys that Santa brought us in our stockings, we enjoyed some quick Christmas cinnamon rolls before getting ready for church. Our church services began at 9:30am! Not an ideal time for a little one who is content to play on her slide and with her new train set. :)
After church, outside our apartment. Olivia was definitely ready for her Christmas nap.


We finished opening gifts after church, and we are so blessed! We received amazing gifts, from each other and our families. The best part was how excited we were for Olivia to open her gifts. She received many new books (I am thrilled), and we had to read each one before she would move on to a new present. She loves her new books, toys, and clothes. Thank you! Aaron and I loved spending this Christmas with her. There is something quite magical about having Santa visit our home and watching our precious girl light up Christmas morning. 
The day only got better...after gifts, we prepared for the Utah Ericksons to come visit! They came over for Christmas crepes and more gifts...and then stayed the week. We had a blast. More on their visit to come.

I am grateful to have celebrated my favorite holiday with my two favorite people - Aaron and Olivia. I love my family - and I love making them happy. I've always dreamed of being just like my mom...especially at Christmas - decorating my home, creating that Christmas spirit, baking sweets and bread to share, finding just the right gifts, and making sure everything is perfect for Christmas morning. And although I still have a long way to go...Mom, I think you would've been proud. :) 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. You always make me proud beautiful girl! It sounds like a perfect Christmas. I love you.

    ReplyDelete